Heaven's Disciples uses some of the following free and/or open source software with some of its creative projects.
We enjoy being part of the open source community.
We are sharing this growing list of open source software that we use in case it may be of some benefit to our audiences.
- Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio recording and editing software, available on the Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Cecilia is an audio signal processing software that allows sound designers to do music composition and sound exploration. Cecilia can run on the Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Mixxx is professional DJ music mixing software available on the Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X operating systems.
MySQL Installer (MySQL on Windows) [Oracle]
MySQL Connectors [Oracle]
MySQL for Excel [Oracle]
MySQL for Visual Studio [Oracle]
MySQL Notifier [Oracle]
MySQL Shell [Oracle]
MySQL Workbench [Oracle]
Integrated Development Environments
Eclipse [Eclipse Foundation]
Visual Studio Community [Microsoft]
Languages > Java
Zulu (OpenJDK) [Azul Systems and Oracle]
ZuluFX (OpenJFX) [Azul Systems and Oracle]
Zulu Mission Control (JDK Mission Control) [Azul Systems and Oracle]
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
- GIMP is a free and open source raster graphics editor used for image editing and retouching, free-form drawing, conversion between different image formats, and more specialized tasks.
OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software Studio)
- OBS Studio is a free and open source cross-platform live streaming, screen recording , and video recording program built with Qt and maintained by the OBS Project.
- There are versions for Windows, macOS and Linux distributions, such as Ubuntu.
- VLC Media Player is a free and open source, portable, cross-platform media player and streaming media server developed by the VideoLAN project.
- VLC is available for desktop operating systems and mobile platforms, such as Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone.
- LibreOffice is a free and open-source office suite, a project of The Document Foundation.
- It was forked from Apache OpenOffice in 2010, which was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice.
- Linux is a family of open source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991 by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged in a Linux distribution.
- Ubuntu is a free and open-source Linux distribution based on Debian.
- Ubuntu is officially released in three editions: Desktop, Server, and Core.
- All the editions can run on the computer alone, or e.g. in Windows.
- Ubuntu is a popular operating system for cloud computing, with support for OpenStack.
- WordPress is a free and open source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.
- 33.6% of all websites in the world use WordPress.
- Features include 3rd-party plugins and themes.
- It is most associated with blogging but supports other types of web content including more traditional mailing lists and forums, media galleries, online stores, and social networks.